SUNRISE

SUNRISE
What a beautiful morning!

Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday Five: BOOKS

 Years ago, my friends and I did "Friday Five" diligently. Unfortunately, life and laziness took over, our weekly blogging slowly disappeared. 

Inspired by my friend Ty, Friday Five is back!!! 

1. Have you read more books, or fewer books, this past year than usual?

I have read fewer books this past year...maybe even years. I got hooked in watching Korean dramas, that I stopped reading books. I do read subtitles A LOT. That should count towards reading, right?

2. What book are you reading now (or what book did you read most recently)?

Thanks to the show Bridgerton on Netflix, I started reading the series. I read 3 out of the 8 books, and listened to 1 audiobook from the series.

I am currently listening to "The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World" by the Dalai Lama IXV, Desmond Tutu, and Douglas Carlton Abrams.

I started with audiobooks since the books I wanted to read had a long waitlist in the public library. I have listened to Harry Potter audiobooks before, but since I have read the text, I used the audiobooks as background noise while I work.  "Viscount..." my first audiobook since HP. Let's just say, it was quite a different auditory experience for me. 

3) What is the best book you read in the past few years?

How many years is a few years? 3? 5? It's sad that I can't think of any books that I can categorize as best.  "The Book of Joy..." has potential though. Listening to the words of the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu about finding joy, warmed my heart.

4) Do you read more than one book at a time, or just one?

I used to, but lately I can't even finish one book!

5) How big is your to-be-read pile (or list)?

I have 71 books under my Goodreads "Want to Read" list, and 5 tagged titles in my public library account. My "2021 Reading Goals" is for 10 books. 4 down, 6 to go. Granted, 2 of the 6 were audiobooks, but it is better than not reading at all. 

AUDIOBOOK is my preferred way to "read" at the moment. I started learning how to crochet late last year, and I realized that it is hard to 1) watch anything with subtitles, and 2) read a book while crocheting.  A typical night for me now is crocheting while listening to an audiobook. 2 birds, 1 stone! 

1 comment:

denofmusic (,@)====::: said...

I just realized I have a pile of books for emotional support.
All unread, of course.