SUNRISE

SUNRISE
What a beautiful morning!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Who - ROCKS!

The first 2 times that I watched them perform was in 2000. One at Nissan Pavilion in Bristol, VA, and one at Madison Square Garden.

Last Feb. 16, 2013, was the 3rd and maybe the last time I'll ever see The Who rocking it on stage.They still rocked hard, but at 66 and 67 years old, all that screaming, strutting, and windmill guitar'ing, and scissor kicking can really just a bit too much.

Their 2013 tour is all about the album Quadrophenia. I'm no expert, but for me, there's only 2 songs on that album that I can really say were your rock-out type songs (referring to 5:15 and Love, Reign o'er me). The Who still gave it their all and the last 45 mins of the 2 hours and 15 mins set, was just the best of the best of The Who.

I am still in awe with the talents of this guys, and I am super lucky to have watched them on stage. It would have been really awesome if I was old enough to see them when the great Keith Moon was still alive. Though their drummer, Zak Starkey (definitely related to a former Beatles) was not too shabby at all.

The Who is definitely #1 on my best live performers of all time!

No comments: