SUNRISE

SUNRISE
What a beautiful morning!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Emma's 3rd Quarter Grades


The kid's 3rd quarter grades are now posted online.
For 2 quarters in a row, she received all A's.
Granted that they only receive grades on 4 classes, it is still pretty awesome to see that she aced all 4 classes.
On top of that, her teachers are just all praises with regards to her school behavior.
Just really make me wonder more if she is mine and Jay's!

I've heard from someone that the only grades that matters is what they earn during their junior year in high school. I am not disputing that information, but the people who told me that were definitely NOT Asian or even married to one!

Also -
1) I'm a firm believer that good studying habits need to start at a young age;
2) Kids need to start early to like that feeling of pride for a job extremely well done;
3) If the kid feels that pride, the more he/she will feel the shame of producing sub-par grades.

I am not even close to being a "Dragon Mom" but I grew up believing that a big part of a child's responsibility is to do their best in school and in anything that they do.

Yes, I failed miserably a few times in the grades department.
I have earned lots of "Asian F's" and real F's in grade school and high school.
That was me then, this is me now.
A Mom.
With the same expectations as my parents, but probably a bit more open minded and willing to find the balance that can sustain my child's love for learning (and earning As) until she becomes a mother herself.

No comments: