SUNRISE

SUNRISE
What a beautiful morning!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Target and Me

Last night Emma and I were wandering aimlessly around Target.
We’ve already gone up and down the toy aisle, twice,
when she finally decided to move to the book aisle.
After 10 minutes or so of browsing,
I heard this big ‘thunk’ in my cart.

Me: Emma what did you just put in my cart?
Emma: My Bible.

I picked up the book and saw that it was one of
those abridged Bible stories for children.

Emma: I gotta have my Bible Mommy. I just have to!
Me: [text messaging my friend Ty] “Emma just put a Children’s Bible in my cart, what the hell?????” [Ty’s response: “Wtf?”]

Emma: [interrupting my text messaging activity] Can we get it Mommy? Can we? Can we? You can read it to me tonight and I can read it to Grandma. Pleaaase Mommy, pleeeaaase!

Okay, so tell me, how do you say “no” to a request like that?
I just have to say “Yes” out of fear.
Fear that if I say “No” God will strike me down on the spot,
leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the book aisle at Target.
I can see the headline now, “Woman a Lightning Target!”

----------------------------------------------------------------

In a totally unrelated news…

A couple of days ago I excitedly started messaging my brother and sis-in-law with birthday wishes for my nephew Kaleb. When I went home for lunch, I excitedly told Jay that Kaleb turns 1 that day.

At about 3:00 PM that day, I logged in on MySpace to post a comment on one of Kaleb’s photo to wish him on his especial day, when it finally hit me.

“OMFG today is June 24, not 25th!!!”

Allday long, I really thought that it was June 25th!
What sucks was I’ve been writing “June 24” ALL freaking morning!!!

Here’s another one for you.
This morning, I told my colleague here at work that a certain
student is “a very stubborn young man.”

YOUNG MAN!
I referred to another human being as a “YOUNG MAN.”
I actually used those words...YOUNG MAN

What is WRONG WITH ME????

breathe in....breathe out...shoooooooooo

1 comment:

denofmusic (,@)====::: said...

Hahaha!!
Praise Jeebus!